It’s been an eventful year here at RLC Design Services. While the blog has been quiet, business hasn’t been (which is part of the reason the blog has been quiet). We’ve spent 2017 building new websites for new clients, creating new online courses about website design, working with ongoing maintenance clients, and developing new service offerings for customers as well.
So, what did we work on in 2017? Take a read below. And I’m not even including the drone work we’ve started into over the past 2 months. If you want to learn about that pay a visit to AZ Drone!
Website Design Video Course From RLC Design
For years we’ve been wanting to do a full course introducing people to WordPress and X Theme. And finally this fall I took the time to develop an online course suited to beginners. “WordPress and X Theme for Beginners” is now live on Udemy Academy. Udemy is a great platform for learning so many things, and RLC Design is proud to have our work available through them. The course is getting great reviews, teaching people the basics of the type of work we do, and also educating them on the fact that successful websites take a little longer than those WIX advertisements will have you believe!
For readers of this site, I have a special offer. If you’re interested in the class click here to visit it, and be sure to use the Coupon Code RLCDESIGN_50OFF for $50 off of the course price!
Ongoing Website Maintenance
We’re moving toward working only with clients who want RLC Design to do maintenance work as well as site development work. We’ve found time and again that customers who work with us year round achieve better results across the board. Who are we working with in an ongoing fashion?
- Point of Rocks RV Park – This park is one of our favorite success stories. In January of 2015 we re-built their website from the ground up. In 2014 the park had less than 5,000 unique visitors to their website. Training the staff on SEO, creating a new body of information for the park, and working with the park each month has brought them to 70,000+ unique visitors in 2017 alone. In 2015 over 32,000 visitors. And in 2016 over 42,000 unique visitors. The bottom line is simple. The park is incredibly busy nearly year round, and their revenue has increased measurably.
- The Frame & I: Another favorite website design client in Prescott AZ, The Frame and I has worked with us for years. Site updates, backups, page updates, and page re-designs. Recently we’ve added an e-commerce solution to the website as well in order to sell artistic gifts from Prescott AZ.
- The Prescott Art Store: Another favorite website design client in Prescott AZ, The Store has worked with us for years. Site updates, backups, page updates, and page re-designs.
- Precision RV: We’ve worked with Marvin Braun for over a year and a half now. The one thing I can say for certain about Marvin and Precision RV? He really knows RV Solar! This year we’ve continued maintenance work for Marvin, and started a new Q&A video series about RV Solar power. We’ve got 6 more interviews ready to go for 2018.
- La Mesa RV Park: We’ve been working with La Mesa since 2014. And their business is doing great in Cortez Colorado. La Mesa has some stiff competition in the area given many RV parks serving visitors to Mesa Verde National Park. But with their online presence La Mesa rarely has open spots during the travel season.
- Bear Shoe: The owners of Bear Shoe have been with us for a little over a year now. We’ve built a new online presence and e-commerce solution for them in 2016. And in 2017 we’ve seen orders coming in from all over the country, repair jobs from coast to coast, and traffic increase over 300%.
- McGavin Holdings: While McGavin Holdings doesn’t do a continuing maintenance contract with RLC Design, we are on call for them. Owning more than 10 RV Resorts in Arizona and Florida, we find ourselves doing regular website updates for the resort chain.
New Website Builds From RLC Design
Over the course of 2017 we’ve taken on several new projects. Here’s who we’ve worked with this year on new site builds:
- The Watson Lake Inn – A full website build, reservation system, online sales system, and full e-commerce ability. The client now manages the site himself, and is not an ongoing maintenance client.
- Shangri-La RV Resort – This website was already built by another design company. The business was sold to my clients this year. We migrated the site to WPEngine, and provided video training for the staff to manage the site themselves.
- South Forty RV Ranch – This website was already built by another design company as well. The business was sold to my clients this year too. Like the Shangri-La we migrated the site to WPEngine, provided video training to the staff, and updated the imagery on the site as well.
- Springerville RV Park – This is a completely new RV Park located in Springerville Arizona. The website is currently more of a placeholder than full site, and the park is not complete yet. We did create an e-commerce reservation solution for the customer, and they are actively taking reservations even though 1/3rd of the park is finished, while the other 2/3rds remain to be constructed.
- ExplorePrescott.org – This website build has been going on throughout the fall of 2017. It’s a proof of concept website that we’re developing to show off the Prescott area, and our SEO skills as well.
- AZ Drone – As noted earlier, we’re adding to our service offerings. RLC Design is expanding into the drone marketplace in Northern Arizona. Current customers can benefit from Aerial photography and cinematography, and a whole new client base is being examined as well.
More went on this year as well, but you get the idea. A busy year for RLC Design!